What is bluetooth meat thermometer ?
Bluetooth meat thermometer can be used to take the temperature of meat. It is a wireless device that is designed to provide a few options for meat temperature reading. This device is useful for professionals, as well as individuals who love cooking. Bluetooth meat thermometer offers a more convenient way to check the temperature of your food while they're cooking by only requiring one minute of setup time and accurate readings every time.
10 Things You Should Know Before Buying a Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
What is a Bluetooth Meat Thermometer?
Just like schools, playgrounds and businesses, kitchens too are technologically evolving. They are getting smarter, performing more in less time. Behind these smart kitchens are even smarter devices that are making our lives easier. One such device is a Bluetooth Meat Thermometer. This wireless thermometer allows you to monitor your food's internal temperature even from 300 feet away. The The Bluetooth range may vary. Some brands provide long range of upto 500 feet.
These thermometers equipped with bluetooth technology be used in grill smoker , bbq grill and even for sous vide cooking. All you need to do is insert thermometer probes in the meat you are cooking in grill smoker , oven and it will send you real time updates, instant read on cooking temperature on mobile app. So once you put that marinated chicken in the bbq grill or grill smoker , feel free to prepare the side menu or just sit back on your garden chair or read that magazine without worrying about over-cooking or under-cooking. The smart wireless thermometer will notify you the ambient temperature and internal temperature of the food from time to time and will alert you when your chicken is ready.
Why should you buy a Bluetooth Meat Thermometer?
We sayWhy not?
1. Hassle-free cooking-
These wireless meat thermometer feed you with instant read on internal temperature of grill oven , bbq grill . It eliminates the need to open oven's cover again and again and insert skews in meat to check if it is cooked or how much it is cooked. Opening oven multiple times disrupts the cooking process, making it more time consuming. With food thermometer , all you have to do is insert the thermometer probes in the meat and leave it inside the grill oven . It will send you the food's latest temperature from time to time. Based on the instant read on internal temperature of meat, this bbq thermometer will notify you how much cooking time is left. In the meantime you can prepare for other dishes or just relax without any worries.
2. Perfect food-
Different food items require different internal temperature for the perfect texture. The smart wireless bbq thermometer , like Thermopro tp , can measure temperature upto 575 degree F. Usually food items get ready when the internal temperature reaches 300 to 350 degree F. But, restaurants may have their own style and special recipes that require right amount of tenderness or crisp. The grill thermometer allows you to cook your food in your style and temperature.
Food thermometer , like thermopro tp , is very sensitive to even small temperature range. Cooking meat is tricky as it requires the right temperature . Even a slight variance in the internal temperature can impact the chewiness of your ham. A bbq thermometer helps you to detect even that slightest change in the temperature.
If you are a lover of perfectly-cooked meat , do not forget to keep smart Bluetooth grill thermometers in your culinary kit.
3. Carry it to the cook-offs and picnics.
Going out on a picnic or planning a barbeque night on farms and still need that perfect kitchen-cooked taste? Don't worry, we have a solution. Carry the kitchen perfectness with you!
The best part of these smart wireless thermometers is that they can accompany you everywhere. They are portable and has easy use . Another best part is they run batteries so you need not to worry about electricity. Most of these Bluetooth thermometers , like Meater plus , use rechargeable batteries and offer Bluetooth range or wireless range upto 300 feet . So, just put the meat in the bbq grill and enjoy the guitar under that starry sky without being worried about the food. The food thermometer will send instant read on internal and ambient temperature of the food at regular intervals. So you can monitor in remotely and once your meat is about to be ready, it will alert you.
Similarly, you can carry your smoker thermometer in cook-offs, where smallest variance in crispiness of the chicken can help you score or make you lose. The Bluetooth thermometer can prove to be a game changer here as it can help you cook the perfect chicken or beef.
It’s time to cook your favorite meal, but you don’t have a meat thermometer.
You don’t want to mess up your steaks by overcooking them, but you also don’t want to take the chance of undercooking them.
More reasons why you need a smart meat thermometer
4. Mandatory for Restaurants-
Our weekend plans are incomplete without outdoor eating. And when eating out, we expect nothing below perfection. Whether it is crispy chicken wings or juicy ham burger, it's the food texture that gives it taste!
Now, imagine being a chef of the restaurant who has to cook hundreds of dishes and manage the station simultaneously. Achieving the perfect crisp or juiciness can be a little challenging here.
Smart Bluetooth bbq thermometer or smoker thermometer can save the day for restaurant chefs. All they need to do is marinate the meat or add the spices, insert the thermometer probes in the flesh and place the dishes in the grill oven of bbq grill . And the chefs can now focus on other menu items. The smart wireless grill thermometers will notify chef about the ambient temperature and internal temperature of the food. The chef can remotely monitor the dish, while making pasta sauce or garnishing the plate, without opening the grill cover again and again. When the meat is ready, the app will update the chef and they can take out perfectly-cooked dish.
The Bluetooth wireless thermometer measure accurate temperature in real time. People in the restaurant industry and food sector will require food thermometers that can accurate temperature quickly as they do not have much time to check if the food is ready amid piling orders. Smart bbq thermometer can help chefs with reliable instant read on temperature to serve the perfectly cooked food.
How to use your Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
A wireless meat thermometer, like Thermopro tp , is a smart device consisting of meat probe usually made of stainless steel , transmitter and thermometer monitoring unit. The smart Bluetooth thermometer requires batteries and these are usually rechargeable. The therometer probes and the base unit are connected via smart wireless technology.
The monitoring or base unit has a small screen to display instant read on internal temperature of meat from one or more meat probe . Most brands like, Meater plus , Thermopro tp and weber igrill have mobile applications on ios android. These mobile apps show instant read on internal temperature and ambient temperature of food in grill oven . Some bluetooth thermometers offer wireless range feet upto 200 feet while other provide long range upto 500 feet.
- There are several types of wireless Bluetooth thermometers out in the market. Each brand has its own system and method of using. Let's take a look at the most basic way of using a wireless meat thermometer .
- Insert the meat probe in the deeper part of the meat.
- Make sure that the thermometer probes are properly inserted such that its top bar is inside the meat. Ensure that meat probe are not touching the bone of the meat. This may lead to inaccurate temperature readings.
- In case you are using a device with cords, do not forget to connect the wire of thermometer probes with the monitoring unit, otherwise you won't be able to see the readings. Otherwise, these days there are smart devices like Meater or Meater plus which are truly wireless and use Bluetooth technology to transmit the temperature from meat probe to smart phone app
- Keep the dish in the oven.
- But before inserting the thermometer probes , connect your Bluetooth app in the smart phone with the device.
- Some of these mobile applications already have meat pre-sets. You can go to the different meat type . If you are cooking beef , click on the 'beef option'. A drop down showing the parts of beef, like rib bone or brisk or steak, will pop up. Click on one you are cooking.
- It will now show temperature range , that you can select accordingly. If you want it rare, medium rare or whatever suits your taste or the kind of texture you want.
- Once you have selected the temperature range , click on start cook' option. Different apps may have different options for start.
- You will then land on the screen showing the type of meat you are cooking, the preferred temperature and the current internal temperature of the food and ambient temperature of the grill oven or bbq oven .
There is more to know when using Bluetooth thermometer
- The screen will also show up the estimated time of cooking on the basis of the latest internal temperature of the food and ambient temperature of the grill oven or bbq oven .
- While your food is getting ready and meat probe is keeping constant eyes to ensure a perfect texture, you can prepare the side salad or play a game or just sit and relax.
- Once your food is ready, the mobile app will ring an alarm. Some brands of wireless thermometer or digital thermometer have apps that allow you to set audio message. So, in case you get busy watching the Knicks game, the app will alert you, saying the food is ready. And you can finally take the perfectly-cooked dish out from the grill oven or bbq grill .
- Note- Different brands have different notification settings. Some even allow you to set alarm by time.
- Some Bluetooth thermometer brands like Meater plus , even show detailed charts is the mobile app, with temperature graphs for cooks who want nothing below perfection.
People still use the old-fashioned method of using a thermometer in their mouth.
It’s not always easy to keep track of the temperature of your food, especially when you’re cooking something on the grill.
How to maintain your Bluetooth meat thermometer.
- Kitchen and hygiene go hand-in-hand. No matter what, if it is in the kitchen, it has to be cleaned. Be it the uncooked meat, bbq grill , the dishes or even the temperature probes .
- The meat probe is in the direct contact with the meat. So, it is essential to clean them before inserting them in that steak or chicken breast. Every time you use meat probe , clean beforehand.
- Another reason why it is important to clean the meat probe is that it is inserted in the uncooked meat. And while the meat is still raw it has some micro-organism, which can contaminate the temperature probes .
- Once the food is ready, take out the thermometer probes and clean them.
- You can use cooking spray to get rid of the tough build-up stains due to high temperature of the bbq grill . And then wash the thermometer probes with hot soapy water. You can also put some white vinegar on a cotton pad and rub it on the thermometer probes and allow them to dry.
- In case of restaurants where they are cooking different meats multiple times and need thermometer probes back-to-back, you can use alcohol wipes for quick and effective cleaning.
- After you have washed and dried the meat probe , it is now time to sanitize them. You can sanitize the digital thermometer or grill thermometer thermometer probes in chlorine bleach solution. Or can even hold the stem of the thermometer probes in the steam of hot boiling water for atleast 30 seconds.
- Every time you sanitize the wireless meat thermometer , do not forget to give them a final water wash to ensure there is no chlorine or any other sanitizer residue left on the surface.
Quicks Tips for Buying the Best Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
- Go for the smart Bluetooth wireless thermometer that can be used for grilling smoking , baking and even for sous vide cooking.
- If your restaurant kitchen has wide setup, then buy a wireless remote thermometer which allows you long range of atleast 300 feet.
- Buy a grill thermometer that allows you to set temperature pre alarms and can notify how much time is left before your meat is ready. This can help in better kitchen planning, especially if you are having guests.
- It's better to invest in smart meat wireless thermometer that uses rechargeable batteries so you don't have to buy it again and again.
- There are a variety of smart meat thermometer in the market Thermopro TP , Meater Plus , Weber Igrill , Weber igrill mini or Igrill Mini and more. See what suits your restaurant needs before investing.
- Go for the one that has a user-friendly mobile app with pre-set temperatures for the different types of meat. And yet shows the detailed temperature graph. Make sure these appsare available on ios android .
- Most brands offer four probes with meat thermometer .If it fits your kitchen needs, it is better to buy from such brand.
- It is recommended to read the Rights Reserved policy before buying any kitchen thermometer
If you want to serve perfectly cooked meals with just the right amount of crisp and tenderness without any hassle, then a smart wirelessbluetooth food thermometer is for you. Understand your restaurant or kitchen requirements and before buying the perfect digital bluetooth meat thermometer or bluetooth bbq thermometer .
Also see if your grill thermometer is able to cook different meats .
To know more, you can visit Altametrics and bluetooth cooking thermometer